Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bear Creek Blossoms

8 x 10 oil on canvas panel
$75.00 + $10. s/h
contact me if interested

Our house sits right next to a large county park, Bear Creek Park. I paint it often; it's so close, I hike the trails almost everyday, and I can see what the colors are doing. I've posted sunrises, snow scenes, many different paths, and now the blossoms. I've been watching them everyday, and when I drove by yesterday, I knew they'd be in full bloom today. So, I went out this morning. I did leave out the corner of the tennis courts and the parking lot. And, debated if I should make all the grass green, or leave it almost green. Otherwise, this is what it looks like next to my house today!

2 comments:

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Again, love the composition and the softness of the trees and grass against the grandeur of the mountains. Lovely!

Pam Holnback said...

Thanks Debbi, I find I switch back and forth from landscape to still life, but I love the landscapes.