Friday, May 8, 2009

Cool Blossoms

8 x 10 oil on canvas panel
$75.00 + $10. s/h
contact me if interested


I decided to paint the blossoms at Bear Creek Park one more time. The colors today were so different from yesterday. Granted, right now it's completely gray and overcast, but this morning it was still partly sunny. However, there were no warm colors in the trees. I was standing in a different location, and from this view Cheyenne Mountain was in the background, and all the tennis courts, not just the corner of one. But still, where were the warm colors? It was as if the trees knew it was soon going to be completely cloudy and cool. And, yesterday there were no dandelions, and this morning there were so many. I just painted them as yellow/green brushstrokes. This was a great lesson in colors; how different two mornings can be.

2 comments:

r garriott said...

Very refreshing. I like the coolness in this one. that's intersting and very true about the changing colors from day to day, or even hour to hour.

Pam Holnback said...

Thanks R, this is one more example of why daily painting is so beneficial; I look at the same thing over and over. It's also another reason why retirement is so great...I have time to paint everyday!