Thursday, June 26, 2014

With Lemon and Butter

With Lemon And Butter
8" x 8" Oil on cradled canvas
$195.00 + $10. /sh 

I have a few paintings done after our trip last fall to Maine which I've never posted.  I think it's time!  

We ate lobster almost every day while in Maine.  My favorite restaurant was the Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound.  You chose your lobster from those in a big tub, it was cooked outside, then when your number was called you went back up front, got your meal and ate on picnic tables.  

Again, I'm having color trouble on my photos.  My painting is not quite this neon orange.  My photo is fine, but when uploading to my blog the color changes slightly.  

6 comments:

hmuxo said...

You did a great job with this lobster, Pam! Believe it or not I never ate lobster!!! Everyone tells me how good it is !! Maybe someday!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Pam, love this big lobster! The color looks great, from
my end, not too neon, at all. Beautiful!

pattie remmey said...

Hi Pam, I agree with Nancy B. Hartley, the color looks great.....not at all too neon. That's what cooked lobsters look like.......and the brushwork is solid, loose and accurate. Always enjoy your blogs and travel stories. This will be my first year in about the past four that I will not be taking any of Natalie's summer workshops. I will miss them, but am venturing out to other Incamminati instructors.

Pam Holnback said...

Hilda, thank you. You have got to try lobster, omg! and you even live closer than I do!

Thanks so much Nancy, appreciate you letting me know that the orange is ok.

Pattie, so appreciate your words always. I think you'll benefit from other classes. You can't go wrong whoever you take! Thank you!

Marie Theron said...

A lovely painting, so clean and clear. The shadow is very effective!

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Wonderful painting. Color is spot on. Jim and I ate a ton of lobster on our trip to Maine. Was so yummy and rich. Miss that cool summer weather. xoxo