Sunday, September 5, 2010

100 Garden & Floral Oil Paintings, Original Artwork by Pam Holnback, 46/100

Enjoy the View
7" x 9" oil on board
$100.00 + $10. s/h

Recently my plein air group painted at a home just south of town.  The yard, and the deck where I was painting,  had the most incredible views of southern Colorado.  You could see the mountain range miles away.  This chair was just asking for a viewer.

The aspen trees are in full fall color in late September.  So, I can imagine that this couple enjoys their deck! This piece is being submitted to Artists Helping Artists Blog September Challenge.

My plein air group, Garden Artists, is having our Fall Show on Saturday, September 11 from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm at Summerland Gardens 124 East Cheyenne Road, Colorado Springs, 80906.  If you're in the area, stop by.


12 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Pam. I love the colors of the old wood deck and Adirondacks are my favorite chairs ever. I find it fabulous that you saw the beauty in this scene despite the view from the deck itself.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Pam, This is a large still life! I love it! the monochrome color palette is beautiful!

Celeste Bergin said...

I am always struck by how much those particular type chairs look like people. You did a great job with the the color temperatures.

Dusty Pines said...

i really like the light on the chair - looks perfectly content enjoying the view! beautiful colors . . . thank you! & good luck with the show!

Gary Keimig said...

nice painting. Love the colors you have used in the shadow.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I'd love to be sitting in that chair in the sun!
Like the new look of your blog, Pam.

Susan Roden said...

A fitting painting for the end of the summer Pam! Would love to take a seat about now and enjoy the sun.

Good luck with your fall show.

Theresa Paden said...

I love the colors you used in the chair and the deck, and the strong diagonals in the composition. Great painting!

Becky Joy said...

Good job with the color. Love the palette.

Pam Holnback said...

Sherry, Thank you so much, It was a great scene. Wish you could have seen the view!

Thank you Nancy, You're right! A painting is nothing but shapes w/ colors.

Celeste, Thank you. When you think about it, a chair is an extension of a human.


Thank you Dusty, Yes, this chair does look content.

Gary, Thank you so much! I think shadows work well w/ warm colors.

Thank you Claire, I agree w/ you. It would be great to just sit and enjoy the view.

Susan, Thanks. It is a great end of summer piece!

Theresa, Thank you so much! The colors were right there in front of me.

Thank you Becky. I enjoyed this palette.

Ruth Andre said...

This is a classic Adirondacks chair. The painting is wonderful and full of light.

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Ooh! Makes me want to sit down and enjoy a bit of rest! Nicely done!