Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day

Labor Day
8" x 8"  Oil on cradled panel
$195.00 + $10. s/h
SOLD

Today is Labor Day.  I thought that was a great day to post a recent flag painting.  I have painted and posted this flag before.  It's the flag my dad received for his dad's service to our country.  My grandfather served in both WWI and WWII.  This flag has been passed down to our son.

Labor Day is a day that was originally intended to celebrate the American worker.  Now it seems more to represent the end of summer.  I thought it also a great day to post our flag as a few days ago the Republican National Convention ended and this week the Democratic Nation Convention begins.  And, no matter what party we belong to, or what candidate we support, we can all agree that we as people need to do something to increase jobs and help the American worker.  So, again, this painting seems great to post today.  Here's to celebrating the "American worker."  Happy Labor Day!


8 comments:

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Fabulous!! Happy Labor Day to you, too!

Autumn Leaves said...

A beautiful painting of Old Glory. Your thoughts are wonderful too, Pam.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Beautiful, Pam!

Fay Terry said...

Hi Pam,
I really think this is a wonderful post! I love the painting of the flag and the family history behind it and your thoughts on Labor day and the political conventions are well stated.

Pam Holnback said...

Debbi, thank you!

Thank you Sherry. I hope we all have positive thoughts during the upcoming election!

Diane, Thank you so much!

Thank you so much Fay. I think we're going to meet in October!

Theresa Paden said...

Beautiful and masterfully painted!

hmuxo said...

I always love to see paintings of our American Flag and especially with a beautiful story behind it! Great job, Pam

Pam Holnback said...

Hilda, Thank you. I think you're right, the story helps the painting.

Theresa, Thanks so much. I liked painting this!