Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Old Odd Fellows Building

Old Odd Fellows Building
Oil 14" x 11"
click here for Paypal
$395.00 + $10. s/h
Holiday price is $300.00
As I have done during past holiday seasons, all of my paintings are 25% off during December.  Changing all of the prices in my blog would be hard to do, so email and I'll send a Paypal button to you right away.   pamholnback@gmail.com

This building is on Front Street in Fairplay, CO.  As the title says, it's the old Odd Fellows building.  Although, it might still be the location of the Odd Fellows.  I googled "historic buildings in Fairplay" and found this:  The building on the right served several purposes. Among the ground floor tenants were Hathaway’s Bank and later the Patriotic Order of the Sons of America. The longest occupant of this building has been the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, which has met upstairs for 125 years.  

So, if the Odd Fellows Lodge is upstairs, maybe I should change the title.  Although, the building is still old.  This started as a plein air painting, but a few of the details were finished in my studio.

No comments: