Monday, April 18, 2016

Garden Wall

Garden Wall
plein air oil  6" x 8"
click here for Paypal
$100.00 + $10. s/h
Paintings from Mexico

This wall was at the church across the street from our hotel in Oaxaca.  I love plein air painting.  I love being out of doors.  But, it has its' challenges:  wind, sun, rain, snow, snakes, bears, bugs, heat, cold, etc.  With this painting I had a new encounter, a funeral.  One afternoon I noticed the beautiful shadows on the garden wall of the church and decided to paint there the next day.  However, when I arrived a funeral was just beginning.  I didn't want to be disrespectful, so decided I'd come back the next afternoon.  That day was beautiful, warm and sunny.  No sooner did I get the piece blocked in than clouds appeared from nowhere.  There was no longer light and shadow.  This little piece required a third session!

Here are some of the beautiful garden walls of Oaxaca.  Maybe some of these might be future paintings.





3 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Une avalanche incroyable de couleurs et de lumière... Magnifique travail.

Bisous ❀

hmuxo said...

Very beautiful!!! Wonderful reference photo!!

Pam Holnback said...

Merci Martine! J'ai adoré les couleurs au Mexique . Je suis si heureux que vous les aimez aussi.

Thank you Sue. The flowers were incredible!

Hilda, Thanks so much. Thought I'd share some of the flowers with you!