Sunday, August 12, 2018

Repeat Bloom




Repeat Bloom
Oil  6" x 6"
click here for PayPal
$100. + $10. s/h

I recently painted several Coreopsis that I picked in our backyard.  They were set in a vase in my studio.  I thought it would be easier to paint the blooms right in front of my studio easel with a consistent light as opposed to outside in the yard.

I'm also posting several older Coreopsis that were not painted from a studio still life.  It is so interesting to me the different colors of yellow....one a bit darker with more orange, or cad yellow deep.  The other brighter, lighter from the direct sun.

I'll be posting more over the next few days.

I love having Coreopsis in our garden.  The reseed themselves and grow all over.  If you cut them back they sometimes will repeat the bloom later in the summer.  And, importantly in Colorado, they do well in our dry climate.



Coreopsis
click here for PayPal
$100. + $10. s/h

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted Pam!!! Hope to see more closeup flowers like this!!!

Pam Holnback said...

Hilda, thank you! I have a few more coming, but with last weeks severe hail storm, our garden is pretty sad right now!