Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Paint The Town Plein Air Event, Florence, CO


I recently participated in the "Paint The Town" Plein Air Event in Florence, CO.  Florence is 
about 35 miles south of us.  It is most known for its' antique stores in the downtown area 
and for having several prisons (including max-security!)
Here are pictures of the locations for my first 3 paintings. 
The week started out with cold and snow and finished with warm, 65 degree days!
   


I've painted lots of old barns.  I love their character, age, and color varieties.  Every time
 I paint an old barn or aging structure, I wonder about all of the stories that are hidden 
within the walls.
  I also wonder how long these relics will be standing.

With the ease of immediate posting on Instagram, I find myself posting less on my blog.  
I'm going to "try" to remedy that!

No comments: