Thursday, March 28, 2019

Cacophony Of Color


Cacophony Of Color
Oil  8" x 8"
click here for PayPal
$295.00 + $10. s/h

This Mexican store front drew my eye each time I walked down this street in Playa del Carmen.  Of course, the first thing I thought of was the Denver Broncos.  But as in all of these Playa paintings, it was the variety of colors.

I looked up the definition of "cacophony" and found:  "an incongruous or chaotic mixture : a striking combination. a cacophony of color." 
I love that definition!  So many of the buildings in this town did have an incongruous mixture.  I don't think that any of my past paintings have been filled with such a combination of color as those done in Playa del Carmen.  I loved painting with such fun color combinations!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Love this... reminds me of a Hopper....

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you Hilda. Might do some local Hopper-esque pieces!