Saturday, January 9, 2021

Saturday In the Studio

 


I recently had a commission that was a Christmas gift.  A friend from high school told me about the trip her daughter and a group of friends had taken to the Caribbean for her 40th birthday.  The trip was in February, just before the Pandemic.  How lucky was that!  Anyway, she sent me this picture and asked if I would paint it for her daughter.  

This photo shows how I painted this commission.  The painting is 8" x 10".  I blew the photo that she'd emailed up to that exact size.  (Was lucky there;  didn't have to deal with size conversions.)  That photo was taped to a board for easy holding.  I put a clear plastic over it and gridded it so that the women would all be in the correct proportion.  I also blew the picture up on my computer to help with details.  

The colors of the water in this piece were so much fun to use..quite a bit different than my normal western palette.  

Here's the happy young woman on Christmas morning.                                                                                 (I didn't ask her if I could use this picture, so I clouded her eyes a bit.  I think I'll text her and get permission.  She's really quite attractive.)

No comments: