Saturday, November 29, 2008

Warts and All

6 x 6 oil on masonite
$100.00 + $10. s/h
contact me if interested

Warts are strange things; on gourds and on people. Some of our gourds have dozens of warts. I'm sure Mother Nature has some reason for this, but I don't know what it is. I've found that when painting series I really look at the light and color. I know that the background color, lights, time of day, etc., all affect this. I've found myself comparing the color from the previous days paintings. Another reason that daily painting is so helpful.

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Pam. I agree that a series is a good way to develop an understanding of what you're painting. Color, shape, texture, it's so much better the 2nd and 3rd time around! These are fun- I love gourds, and I think someone told me the 'warts' are sort of bacteria (non harmful)....?

Improvedliving said...

well thanks for explaining warts.


warts