Friday, May 22, 2009

Night Hawk Dreams

6" x 8" oil on panel $75.00 + $10. s/h SOLD This is another piece from yesterday's trip to Iris 4 u in Denver. I think this is such a great name for a flower: Night Hawk Dreams. It's so amazing to me that iris can be hybridized to have such unique colors on the standard and the beard. (I read the catalogue to learn the parts of the iris!!) I used to think that iris were tints and shades of violets and yellows. Now I know better. Our daughter, who lives in Denver, met me after I finished painting. We went shopping for her graduation dress. She'll graduate from DU, University of Denver, in 2 weeks. We had several hours of shopping fun, and dinner. Yes, she found a great dress!

4 comments:

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

What a beautiful series! Can't wait to see more.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Pam, I love both of the iris paintings, especially the close up composition. The soft impressionistic colors are beautiful. I had no idea iris came in so many colors!

Dana Cooper said...

What fun it must have been to go on a plein air field trip! The results are really stunning...I love the color and the thick paint!

Pam Holnback said...

Thanks Debbi, Nancy & Dana, Expect more iris to come; they're a beautiful, almost abstract flower.