Friday, June 19, 2009

Tea Rose

The roses in our yard are spectacular right now. This is one area of the rose garden. May and June showers have definately brought June flowers. I could be painting all day everyday for several more days!! I hope to be! I had my easel set-up right in front of these bushes.



5" x 7" oil on masonite
$75.00 + $10.00 s/h
contact me if interested

I love these little tea roses. We have several large, prolific bushes, all blossoming right now in the back yard. We don't have any roses in the front yard; there are too many deer in our neighborhood, and they'd all be eaten. The backyard's fenced.

6 comments:

Janelle Goodwin said...

Tea roses - my favorite! I love your flower series, Pam. Very vibrant and rich paintings.

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Your flower paintings are always gorgeous. You could even post a series so we can see how they look together.

Pam Holnback said...

Thanks Janelle & Debbi, With all the roses blooming right now in our yard, this series may go on for awhile.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Wow, you can really see the different light patterns on this one, beautiful!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Pam, This is an excellent little painting. You really captured the light changes on this little rose. Beautiful!

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.

Claudia Finn said...

I am impressed with the amount of paint you choose to apply and the way this so effectively conveys the light!