Wednesday, August 5, 2009

You Better Belize It!



6" x 8" oil on panel
$75.00 + $10. s/h
contact me if interested

This is another painting done on the beach of our hotel, Mata Rocks. I'm standing in the same spot of shade, but looking up the beach toward the town. San Pedro is an easy walk down the beach.



One day we went on a fishing and snorkeling excursion. We had to catch our lunch which was prepared on this beach.



Here's our "catch of the day": fresh snapper, fresh lobster, potatoes, all wrapped in foil and baked over a palm frond fire. I especially like the table cloth!

6 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I want to BE in that painting! What a trip, what a treat! Nice job with the nuances of color.

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Pam, these Belize beach paintings are to DIE for!!! ***SIGH*** Like Kelley said, the nuances of color are fantastic and echo that breezy feeling of being on a wonderful beach like that. You have inspired me to see if I can do a nice beach painting from a short trip this weekend. But I guess nothing beats doing it plein air! But I adore yours. Wow.

Pam Holnback said...

Thanks Kelley and Camille, The color of the water and palm trees in Belize was so incredible! I'm so glad I took my paints and took the time to paint. So often, I read on my vacations. Not anymore!

Celeste Bergin said...

what wonderful paintings--I feel the tradewinds! lovely!

r garriott said...

Lucky you! Belize is one of my favorite places on earth. Love the series you have going.

Pam Holnback said...

Thanks Celeste, It was interesting how the winds blew at certain times of day. Guess I'm just not used to ocean breezes, colors, air, etc. It was great.

R, Thanks. I'd never been to Belize before, just loved it!