Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yule Tide Treasure

Yule Tide Treasure
6" x 6"  Oil
$100.00 + $10.00 s/h


I love painting Christmas ornaments.  I love the shine, sparkle and reflections.  These ornaments are vintage, and aren't regular, shiny glass balls.  They're antiqued and somewhat matte.  I found this a fun challenge.

This is one of my paintings that will be at Summerland Gardens during the holiday season.  This weekend, November 18 and 19, 10am-8pm is their Holiday Open House.   Hope you can stop by and share some holiday cheer.

I also have paintings at Dream Pastries in Castle Rock.  This Saturday is the annual Starlighting event, (the lighting of the star on the castle like rock).  Events and openings will be taking place downtown, so please stop by there as well.

10 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

old fashioned decorations are the best. You did a wonderful job of painting these

Anonymous said...

I too love the old glass ornaments. For years that is all I had on my trees and it is what I grew up with. Now I even like those big old fashioned lights. Sounds like you have lots of fun planned!

Marie Theron said...

How perfectly they overlap! I have broken many of those, they are so fragile! Enjoy all the shows that you take part in!

hmuxo said...

I love vintage decorations and regret not having any of my Mom's around!! Your reflections are beautifully painted, Pam. I can see this as a Christmas Card.!

Samantha said...

I too am a big admirer of old/vintage ornaments. Lots of memories! You have brought back that "old time Christmas" for me!
Best wishes with the shows!

Pam Holnback said...

Celeste, thank you. Just took these down to Summerland Gardens and they have so many great vintage-y holiday decorations.

Thank you Sherry. That might be fun to paint vintage lights.

Marie, Thanks so much. I think that these are new made to look old, therefore they are stronger.

Thank you Hilda. When we were kids we had some old ornaments of my moms'. I, too, wish that I still had some.

Samantha. Thank you. It would be so much fun to paint "real" vintage pieces.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Wonderful work , Pam, as always. Best of luck at these events, ypur work is perfect for the holidays!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...you have made me feel very behind in the season. Ah well. Well done Pam!

Amy Hillenbrand said...

Well you did a great job of painting the surfaces to look both shiny and matte. I really love the ornaments series, hope they do well at the show.

Cobalt Violet said...

Love your ornaments! Gorgeous looseness ... and beautiful color! Brava!