Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Old Monarch Saloon Door -- Victor Celebrates The Arts # 8


Old Monarch Saloon Door
Oil on stretched canvas - ready to hang
$195.00 + $10. s/h
input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">


The first thing I did after sketching in the door was to block in the darks.  The sky was overcast, so the light and shadows weren't very strong.

I didn't take any more photos after this point as I ended up talking to so many people.  I was set up right in front of the Lowell Thomas Museum.  Having my car right there makes plein air painting so easy!!

In a previous post I talked about the stores and buildings that I went in looking for an interior scene.  The following pictures were taken in the Marigold Mercantile.







I loved all the brooms this man makes!!

3 comments:

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Love this series, Pam! Great painting, and great broom collection!

hmuxo said...

I like this very much, Pam! Wonderful work, as always.

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you Nancy. I couldn't believe all of those brooms!!

Hilda, Thank you so much!