Monday, September 26, 2016

Green With Envy

Green With Envy
plein air oil  12" x 12"
click here for Paypal
$395.00 + $10. s/h

This tractor is the 4th painting that I did in the recent South Park Plein Air Arts Celebration, Fairplay, CO.  I had spotted it the first evening when I was walking up and down the alley off of Front Street in Fairplay.  I loved the complementary colors, but there was no light on it in the evening.  I decided to head back to it earlier in the day on another day.

I used a bit of artistic license and shortened the body just a bit because I wanted to use a square canvas.  One of the challenges of a plein air event is the planning that goes in to it in advance.  You have to decide how many and what size canvases to take.  The canvases all get stamped on the back before the painting begins.  Each canvas has to be framed upon "turn it."  So, you have to pack the right size frames, hardware and tools.  Additionally, you have to be able to frame a painting quickly, and often from the back of your car.


No comments: