Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Gentle Rolls

Gentle Rolls
Oil  12" x 12"
click here for Paypal
$395.00 + $10. s/h

This is the 3rd painting in my recent "Grasslands" series.  I really liked this one.  I liked the different crops that were on each side of the road, the hay in the far pasture, the corn in the middle, the mowed field to the right & the plowed field in the front.  Ranchers, and/or farmers, always have more work!  Something in the field always needs a little care.

A repeat from the first post of this series:

I recently participated in the "Grasslands Inspiration IV Show" in the Mari Michener Gallery at the University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, my alma mater.  The paintings for the show were to be of the 7 "grassland counties" in northeastern Colorado.  It had been years since I'd been to that part of Colorado.  So, my husband, always supportive of any thing art related that I want to do, and I spent two days driving around the back roads in that area taking 100s of photos and getting inspired by the grasslands.  Both of us had a great time and couldn't get over all of the different "grasses" and their many, varied colors!

Upon returning home I spent hours editing the photos, then sketching my favorite locations.  I did several dozen sketches before starting the paintings.  Originally I had planned on doing very large paintings, but due to time, most of the paintings were 12" x 12".  I ended up loving that size and painting 9 12 x12s as well as 2 larger paintings of the grasslands!  I was motivated by a new inspiration!

For the next 2 weeks I'll be posting grassland paintings.  Enjoy!




No comments: