Sunday, October 16, 2016

Ribbons Of Grass

Ribbons Of Grass
Oil  12" x 12"
click here for Paypal
$395.00 + $10. s/h

This is the 4th in my recent "Grasslands" series.  I loved the way the ranchers' plowing created ribbons back & forth across the fields.

A short while ago I received a phone call from a student at UNC, Greeley, Mina Jackson.  She is a freshman journalism major and wanted to interview about my paintings in the Grasslands Show.  Here is a link to the article she wrote:  Grasslands Article  I was so impressed with her preparation, she had 15 questions all ready to ask.  I think the article is well written for a first year student.  Thank you Mina!

A repeat from the first post of this series:

I recently participated in the "Grasslands Inspiration IV Show" in the Mari Michener Gallery at the University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, my alma mater.  The paintings for the show were to be of the 7 "grassland counties" in northeastern Colorado.  It had been years since I'd been to that part of Colorado.  So, my husband, always supportive of any thing art related that I want to do, and I spent two days driving around the back roads in that area taking 100s of photos and getting inspired by the grasslands.  Both of us had a great time and couldn't get over all of the different "grasses" and their many, varied colors!

Upon returning home I spent hours editing the photos, then sketching my favorite locations.  I did several dozen sketches before starting the paintings.  Originally I had planned on doing very large paintings, but due to time, most of the paintings were 12" x 12".  I ended up loving that size and painting 9 12 x12s as well as 2 larger paintings of the grasslands!  I was motivated by a new inspiration!

For the next 2 weeks I'll be posting grassland paintings.  Enjoy!



No comments: