Thursday, June 29, 2017

Through The Wringer


Through The Wringer
plein air oil  10'" x 8"
click here for Paypal
$195.00 + $10. s/h

When I was a little girl we had a summer cottage on Lake Michigan.  There was an old wringer washing machine in the basement.  I remember helping my mom lift the laundry from the machine and wringing it through the wringer.  (Not sure that I've ever used the word "wringing" before.  And, since no one wrings laundry any more, I may never use that word again!)  I think that today I would say squeeze.

I actually looked "wring" up to make sure that it's still a word.  Here is what I found:

wring
riNG/
verb
  1. 1
    squeeze and twist (something) to force liquid from it.
    "she wrung the cloth out in the sink"
    synonyms:twistsqueezescrewscrunchkneadpressmangle
    "wring out the clothes"

    I also don't think that I would say "mangling" the laundry!

1 comment:

custom writing service reviews said...

haha! this word is very funny! I have seen this equipment in shows and movies though, the one where either the world has gone to shit or they are showing the old era!