Friday, January 30, 2009

The Year of the Buffalo

6" x 8" oil on masonite
$100.00 + $10. s/h
contact me if interested

Just recently was the Chinese New Year and it's the Year of the Ox. We don't have ox(en) here (in Colorado); I guess the buffalo is the closest we have. So, I think if we named our years we would have named this one the Year of the Buffalo.
While I was posting this the phone rang, and I talked for about 5 minutes, the whole time staring at the painting on the computer screen. I analized every brushstroke, color, and shape. I kept thinking I should go back and repaint this little spot, that little shape. It made me wonder how we know when a painting is done. Are we ever completely satisfied?

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Cool colors, Pam! And I think when I stop analyzing the painting every time I look at it - I'm done. When I see something that should be corrected - I HAVE to do it!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Pam, that is a really good question, "Are we ever satisfied?". For me the answer is,"no". I am like you, I can look at a painting and always see things that need to be changed or corrected, until I am finally just tired of looking at it. I guess this is what keeps us all going on to paint new paintings. There is always something new and different to try! Happy painting!