6" x 6" Oil
$80.00 + $10. s.h
HOLIDAY SALE All paintings sold in December are 20% off my regular prices
Here are a few more Poinsettia facts that I googled:
- Poinsettias are priced according to the number of blooms. The more blooms, the more expensive the plant.
- The flowers or cyathia of the poinsettia are in the center of the colorful bracts.
- Poinsettias have been called the lobster flower and flame leaf flower.
- Poinsettias are not poisonous.
- A study at Ohio State University showed that a 50 pound child who ate 500 bracts might have a slight tummy ache.
- Poinsettia sap that can irritate the skin and cause an upset stomach if consumed in large enough quantities.
- A fresh poinsettia is one on which little or no yellow pollen is showing on the flower clusters in the center of the bracts. Plants that have shed their pollen will soon drop their colorful bracts.
- Poinsettias represent over 85 percent of the potted plant sales during the holiday season.