Saturday, August 9, 2014

Amethystine Night


Amethystine Night
Oil on stretched canvas  20" x 10"
$395.00 + $10. s/h

This is another iris from earlier this summer in our back yard.  I'm not really sure what amethyst looks like at night, but I think this title sounds great!  Sometimes to help me with my titles I use Google.  For this one I googled "poems about purple, poems about iris".  It's so interesting what you find out there!

For example I found a site about colors and it told me this about purple:

"Frequently in opinion polls, the colour purple is rated as one of the most popular of all hues. It can be deep and luxurious in tone, and indeed for more than a thousand years was considered to be the most imperial of colours - a colour which signified in a very real sense, great affluence and power." 





2 comments:

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Love this one, Pam. Nice job. Deep purple and lime green are my two favorite colors and they look fabulous together. xoxo

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you Debbi. I, too, like these colors together!