Monday, August 11, 2014

Oriental Butterflies

Oriental Butterflies
Oil on stretched canvas  20" x 10"
$395.00 + $10. s/h
SOLD

This is the third of my violet iris series.  It's the fifth iris painting of this summer.  I love painting iris. They're a soft, gentle flower.  I love being out doors and how great is it to just paint in my own back yard!  These three violet iris paintings have all been of the tall, bearded iris from IRIS4U Gardens in Denver.

Below are some of the iris at IRIS4U.  My husband and I have gone there to buy iris.  My
 plein air group, Garden Artists, has gone there several times to paint!






4 comments:

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Very nice color Pam....and one of my favorite flowers!

Jane Hunt said...

Beautiful painting Pam!

hmuxo said...

Absolutely beautiful...I love the colors in this flower!!!

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you Carol. I love them, too. And easy to grow at this altitude.

Jane, thanks so much.

I love violets and greens also Hilda. Thank you.