Friday, August 22, 2014

Wandering Meadow

Wandering Meadow
Oil  8" x 10"
$195.00 + $10. s//h

This is another painting that I did earlier this summer in Bear Creek Park.  I love this park!  Our house sits right next to it and I've walked it's paths thousands of times over the years.  I've painted dozens of pictures of different parts of it (it's 670 acres) in all seasons.  This summer we've had way more rain than normal and the park has been spectacular!  Gorgeous colors of the grasses, wild flowers, even the weeds seem beautiful when they're green!  

The lavender in the painting is what we call cheat grass.  I'm sure that it has a biological, or scientific name, but I don't know what that is.  It's since changed colors and now is more amber.  Earlier the shades of lavender and purple were spectacular!  Of course, now on breezy days we have....you guessed it...."amber waves of grain!!"  Katherine Lee Bates wrote the song after she'd visited Colorado Springs!!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Love these Bear Creek Park paintings, Pam! And your iris series is absolutely luscious. I have enjoyed browsing all your recent posts.

Dean H. said...

I really like the lush colors in this great piece, Pam!!

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you Mary! I always love painting both florals and Bear Creek Park!

Dean, As always thanks so much. I love our years of "chats."

hmuxo said...

How did I miss this painting, Pam?
A beautiful scene and I love the colors! How wonderful to live so close to this amazing park...

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

So So Beautiful! REALLY!

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you Sue and Hilda! Hilda, don't worry about not seeing this one right away!....you are so great about always looking!