Tuesday, June 1, 2010

100 Garden & Floral Oil Paintings, Original Art Work from A Colorado Daily Painter, 17/100

Zinnia Seeds
6" x 6" oil on panel
$100.00 + $10. s/h

Every fall, after the last blooms of the season, I pick the wilted, dried zinnias and save the flowers in a bowl in the laundry room.  Then, come spring, I break apart the flowers, mix together all the seeds, and replant the zinnias.  It's kind of like seeing grandchildren growing up in my own back yard.  This dried flower was, and will be again, bright yellow! 



10 comments:

Karen Bruson said...

The blues in the shadows really work. Good luck on your journey of 100 paintings.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

#17! It'll go by so fast your head will spin. I never thought about saving Zinnia seeds!

SYLVIANE said...

Yes, intersting about zinnias!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Pam, Another beautiful addition to your garden series! It's exciting to see it all unfold.

Autumn Leaves said...

Beautiful piece and such romantic colors. I can so see this series hanging...Stunning works, Pam.

Bobbi Heath said...

I like this one especially, you've done the color variations nicely, and it just looks great. Gardening and painting, what could be better?

Pam Holnback said...

Karen, Thank you. It's a long, but fun journey!

Thank you Kelley, It is going by pretty fast, Kind of like life!

Sylviane, thanks. I love zinnias! This is the first time I painted a dried one!

Thank you Nancy, The series is sort of "growing."

Sherry, Thank you. I love that you think the colors are romantic, and not dried!

Bobbi, Thank you. Yes, gardening and painting definately lend themselves!

Jan Yates, SCA said...

I do that too with their seeds--Zinnia are one of my favourite flowers--
They look almost sculptural when dried and you've captured that-like the complimentary green as well

Diane White said...

I love zinnias too. Really nice piece.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Zinnias are one of my garden favorites, and I also love to save the seed from year to year. This is a wonderful representation, Pam!