Friday, January 25, 2013
Sargent's Grays - Next Step
22 of 30
After yesterday's color chart I spent more than one hour going through the pictures I took last May in Italy. I didn't have to use Sargent's grays on an Italian building, but since that was what I was using as my subject it seemed like a good choice! I could have spent several hours going through my photos! I didn't find a building that had the whites and ochre-ish colors and the dark burgundies, But, I found one that had the whites and green. So, that seemed like a good alternative. The picture was of the whole side of a building. I had to cut and crop and come up with a composition that works.
My next step was to sketch in the window and building, and paint some of the darks. So, I guess this is about two hours. Because I'm participating in the 30 in 30 challenge, although doing it so that it works for me, I've been showing the steps of my paintings. That way I have something to post almost everyday for 30 days.