Saturday, January 12, 2013

"Shaken, Not Stirred"


"Shaken, Not Stirred"...Bond, James Bond
11 of 30
Oil 8" x 6"
$100.00 + $10. s/h
As I've said, I often get my quotes from Google.  For this one, the quote has become so famous, it was right there in my head!  No searches were required.

I don't often paint a still life from a photo, in fact I can't think when I ever have.  But, I got a new camera over the holidays and we were sitting in a bar watching the Broncos game with our son and my husband ordered a martini.  It looked so beautiful sitting there on the metal table, the neonish blue placemat reflecting up, my son's black jacket creating a backdrop, my new camera on hand, that I snapped some photos.  Upon returning home from our trip and reviewing the pictures, I thought this was a great set up.  So, I painted this still life from a photo.

I'm still working on the colors from this camera.  I'll get it soon, but in the mean time, these colors are just a bit off.

5 comments:

Dottie T Leatherwood said...

Love this! great composition and the blues just glow!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is fantastic, Pam. I actually sense the cold of the liquid!!!

Autumn Leaves said...

You did this one perfectly and the colors are mesmerizing.

Pam Holnback said...

Dottie, thank you. I felt the same when the waiter set it down. Just had to take a photo!

Thank you Claire. The thick, cloudy liquid was different than wine.

Sherry, Thanks so much. Alway appreciate your support.

Dean H. said...

Bond said, "shaken, not stirred" so as to not bruise the Ice! I picked that up from reading the bond books ages ago!

Martini painting looks great...almost "stirs" me to crave one...Lol!