Monday, December 1, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged by art friend Kelley MacDonald, who I met at Carol Marine's workshop in Santa Fe. Thank you, Kelley! So, on with the game!

The rules:
1. Put a link in your posting to the person who tagged you.
2. List 7 unusual things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 other bloggers at the end of your post (*including their blog links*) and comment on their blogs to let them know they have been tagged.

7 unusual things about myself:
1. I won an egg decorating contest in 3rd grade. The prize was a silver dollar. My egg's hair was made from turquoise feathers cut off of a feather duster.
2. My husband and I have known each other since we were 12.
3. I have studied 5 languages: French, Swedish, Hebrew, Farsi, and Spanish. But, only ever dreamt in one of them.
4. I spent spring break of 1978 in Afghanistan.
5. While working one week on a ranch in Dove Creek, Colorado (with no plumbing or electricity) I learned to lasso, spent most of one day riding through drought-dry plains and across a river rounding up escaped cattle, and participated in cattle branding and castration.
6. I bake great pies.
7. My least favorite jobs have been: ironing 6 hours /day, operating a cherry picker to pick the apples from the tops of trees, washing the inside, back windows of cars.

I am tagging:
1. George Coll whose western landscapes show the essense of light
2. the urban scenes of John Harrell
3. Daily Painter Kit Hevron Mahoney who paints incredible poppies
4. Robin Weiss : great composition, sketches, and paintings of Uganda
5. the colorful portraits of Sharman Owings
6. the multi-talented Marilyn Webberley who created incredible vases for the Mikado
7. Janice Warriner who is now a Colorado artist

I have looked at all of your blogs from day 1. Have fun.

No comments: