Friday, December 5, 2008

They Don't Only Block the Sun

9 x 12 oil on canvas panel
$100.00 + $10. s/h
contact me if interested


I do have to say, that one of the things I miss about working, is that I'm not always up early enough to see the sun rise. This is the view from our kitchen. I don't know how many hundreds of days I looked out the sliding doors and watched this while drinking my coffee. The morning clouds and cool sun create incredible sun rises.
Again, I tried to to simplify the foreground and have the center of attention be the entire magnificent vista. I wanted to check Maynard Dixon's book, Desert Dreams: The Art and Life of Maynard Dixon out of our library, but it is only available to look at in the reference room. So, I'll have to spend an afternoon down there soon.

No comments: