Sunday, December 28, 2008

Yellow Ochre Clouds

6 x 8 oil on masonite
$100.00 + $10. s/h
contact me if interested

Our kids, both home for the holiday, are now gone. The house is quiet, empty and a little lonely. I loved having them here. But, I can get back to painting and posting.

The clouds and skies in the sunrises seen from our deck, are strong, bold and bright. I use a lot of cad yellow for these paintings. The morning clouds in South Park, a large semi-open area of Colorado about one hour west of here, are a much calmer, softer yellow. I wasn't happy using cad yellow in these paintings. So, for the yellow in these clouds I used yellow ochre. It works.

1 comment:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I love the yellow - subltle but perfect. Sometimes 'less' IS more! Lucky you, I say again, to have that beautiful view. Paint your lonliness away!