Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh My Gourd

6 x 6 oil on masonite
$100.00 + $10. s/h
contact me if interested

After yesterday's posting, I really started wondering about gourd warts. Obviously, I lead a stress free life, when this is all I worry about! I even googled gourds and gourd warts. The warts are a bacterial growth. I learned that in the US, there are three main types of gourds: ornamental, hard-shell, and vegetable sponge gourds, according to the American Gourd Society. Additionally, I learned that bitter gourd soaked in the liquid of Chinese cabbage and taken orally for 2 weeks may remove human flat warts. Gourds in America can be traced back 10,000 years when prehistoric people brought them from Asia. Research shows that the bottle gourd, used as a container and not a food crop, is the earliest known domesticated plant grown here.

No comments: