Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Just Outside of Leadville

Just Outside of Leadville
16" x 20" oil on stretched canvas
$495.00 + $20. s/h

As the title says, this ranch is just outside of Leadville, Colorado.  This is from a trip we took there in early September.  It's now abandoned, and like many relics from the old west, falling apart.  But, I wondered about the families who lived there in the past.  And, at this Thanksgiving season thought it an appropriate piece to post when I'm thinking about all that I have for which I am thankful.  A ranch like this couldn't have operated if everyone didn't pull their weight and help each other.  I'm sure that the families who sat around this dinner table were thankful for each other everyday.  

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.  And may we all be thankful for our families, friends, and health.

10 comments:

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

So beautiful!!

Maria's Watercolor said...

This is wonderful, love the barns, and the field, I love old barns, wonder the same thoughts as you, how lovely they must have been in earlier days, thanks for sharing, have a happy Thanksgiving.

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Gorgeous!! And so serene. You really captured the beauty and the mystique. Thanks for your holiday wishes. Sending good wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving back to you and your dear ones! xoxo

Lorraine Shirkus said...

Really beautiful painting . . . has that poignant feel I so well remember going over Independence Pass and through Leadville . . .

Amy Hillenbrand said...

Pam this is so soothing and warm just gorgeous. It's sad to think these farms are just abandoned. Happy thanksgiving to you and yours.

Pam Holnback said...

Carrie, Thank you so much.

Thank you Marias, I think about the past when I drive by old places, especially the empty ones.

Debbi, Thank you. And a good Thanksgiving to you guys.

Thank you Lorraine, This was just a bit before Independance Pass.

Crystal Cook said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. And I loved reading your thoughts as well. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving. :)

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Pam, gorgeous landscape! I love this! Especially love the way you did the foreground, so many colors!

Theresa Paden said...

Such a peaceful, serene scene and I love the way you painted it. So colorful and loose; beautiful work!

Carol Blackburn said...

Wonderful old farm painting. I'm always on the lookout for old barns to photograph and paint, myself. I like your very much.