Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sargent's Grays - Next Step

Sargent's Grays - Next Step
23 0f 30
11" x 14"

This now shows about 2 more hours of painting.  At this point I have to really look at the grays in the shadows.  This is how they look in the photo, but I'm not sure that they work together.  I also see that the balcony supports need a it of sizing help.  And, this is something that you have to deal with when painting from a photo as opposed to a still life, which is right in front of you, and/or plein air, when what you're painting is right there outside with you.  I also see that the balcony supports need a bit of sizing help.  I'll keep this right in front of me for a day or two until I decide about the shadows.  What do you think?

4 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I have been watching your process with great interest, Pam. This is coming along beautifully!

Autumn Leaves said...

I have to agree with Claire. I don't know what I think about the shadows. My gut reaction was to think they were perfect. But you've had me studying them a bit and I'm still not sure.

Ralph said...

I have a feeling just one or two slightly darker areas would complete the shadow. But not all of it and not a lot.

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you all for your thoughts. I'm still looking at this and will post my finished piece soon!