Saturday, November 14, 2015

Amber Waves Of Grain

Amber Waves Of Grain
plein air oil  9" x 12"
click here for Paypal
$295.00 + $10. s/h

We were lucky to have had so much rain this past summer in Colorado.  It certainly made for great greens all summer and those greens became beautiful ochres and ambers this past fall.  This is another piece that I painted on our late September trip to Mancos, CO.  I loved all of the golden fields.

Katherine Lee Bates wrote "America The Beautiful" after a trip to Colorado Springs.  But, I think the words apply to Mancos, and I'm sure fields in other Colorado towns as well.

I photoed this painting dozens of times.  There are a few lighter highlights in the bottom grasses that wouldn't get quite light enough, no matter what lighting I used to photo.  Frustrating.

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

A beautiful painting Pam! Yes, America is absolutely beautiful!!

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you Hilda! We are right!