Friday, March 4, 2016

Flora

Flora
plein air oil  6" x 6"
click here for Paypal
$100. + $10. s/h

All paintings sold in March will be sent in early April.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

This flower was in the garden of our hotel in Barra de Potosi, Mexico.  I kept wanting to paint it a bold orange, but it was a peach flower, so I stuck with what I saw.

Barra de Potosi is a small fishing village about 20 minutes south of Zihuatanejo on the Pacific coast.  The town is about 6 square blocks of dirt streets with a few hotels, a few small restaurants, a few tourists.  Interestingly, on the weekends many busses come filled with people from Mexico City (about 3 hours away) who want to spend the day at the beach.  For days I couldn't figure out why there were so many restaurants along the beach and lagoon, and why they all had so many tables when there were maybe 6-8 people at each location.  I later found out.  The town is very quiet and peaceful during the week.

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Wha A GREAT COLOR palette.....WELL Done, PAM!!!!!!!

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you Sue..loved your comment!