Thursday, November 14, 2019

MegaFood Wellness Gummies

Over the last 2 years I've had the fun of being the artist behind MegaFood Wellness Gummies.
I get excited when I'm in Sprouts and see my "paintings" on the shelves!
The young Vitamin manager recognizes me...he is helpful, knowledgeable, and very friendly.



Anyway, I received a random email asking me if I'd like to paint vitamin labels.  Strange emails do go around, so I was a little skeptical.  However, I googled the design company, and looked at all of the labels that they've created.  They were/are definitely a real company!  They told me that they'd seen some Impressionistic style blueberry paintings online that I'd done awhile back.  They were looking for Impressionistic style fruit.  One never knows what happens to things posted online.  


Every 6 months or so they've contacted me again.  I'm thrilled that the gummies are doing so well!
My husband and I take the men's, women's and melatonin.
I think that I've done 11 different "fruits".  There are 9 completed and 4 more on the way.


The first step is an email asking me to sketch some "whatever" the fruit at that point is.
I email photos of my sketches back to them and wait to hear which ones work for the labels.




Then, I paint the one, two or three that MegaFood likes on canvas painted the color that 
the label will become.



Once the paintings are approved I Fedex them off to the design company.  
I then wait for the labels to appear!  Usually I see them first on Instagram!

I consider myself a painter, not an illustrator.  But, once the design company explained what and how they wanted these done, I've really had fun painting something a little bit different.

No comments: