Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Gallery Work Wednesday

 

I am 1 of 11 local artists to have work at Kreuser Gallery, here in Colorado Springs, in their "Horizons, the Hope & Possibilities" landscape show.  To prepare for the show I painted dozens of small pieces (3 shown here).  From there I painted 6 large paintings and submitted the 2 above for my gallery wall.  

The skies in Colorado, and the entire western US, are always spectacular.  They're large, vast, open, dramatic, colorful.  The colors are ever changing.  Every time I'm outside there's another potential painting floating by over head.  I often feel that our skies are visual music.  Many of the titles for this series were   musically inspired.

"Evening Chorale" 24"x30", on the left above sold.  "Grace" 4"x8", bottom/middle also sold.  "Like Music" 5"x7" in the middle/middle and "Billowing Sails" 7"x5" top/middle have both also been painted as large pieces.  "Evening Symphony" 24"x48", on the right, is one of my all time favorite paintings.  It's our view from our mountain property.

The show is hanging until January 22nd.  If you live here in the Springs I hope that you can attend the show in person.  If you live elsewhere, check out the show online.


Here's what my painting "Evening Symphony" looks like in a room.  I love this app!


No comments: