Monday, March 2, 2009

Green Egg and Tans

6 x 6 oil on canvas panel
 $100.00 + $10. s/h SOLD

 Last week we visited my friend Marianne, also a retired art teacher, who has property about 20 miles east of here. They have horses, goats, chickens, and of course dogs. I loved the goats. They're like pets, just walking and staying close to us all the time. Marianne and her husband are raising several different kinds of chickens; who lay different colored eggs. We came home with a dozen eggs of many colors. Due to the matte finish of eggs, even with a light shining right on them, the reflection is softer, not shiny. These were fun to paint. I'm sure they'll taste great, too.

1 comment:

Jala Pfaff said...

How totally cool! And your landscape work is gorgeous too. Thanks for coming by my blog! I'm adding you to my blogroll; would you like to exchange links?