Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fire Bush Sprig

8" x 10" oil on canvas panel
$75.00 = $10. s/h
contact me if interested

I don't know the name of this bush. We only have one; it's next to the patio and partly under the deck. Maybe that's why I haven't paid much attention to it over the years. But right now it's on fire. It's strange, the orange blossoms are at the base of the shrub, unlike most blossoms which are at the end of the branches. So, I named it the fire bush. Maybe someone out there knows the real name. I think it's appropriate to paint flowers the day before Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there.

3 comments:

Jane Hunt said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I love your work - a great variety on here and all beautifully done!

Dean H. said...

Don't know the name of the flower, but I do know that you have painted it beautifully!

Pam Holnback said...

Thanks Jane & Dean, And, I now have a beautiful, tall bouquet on the front hall table.