Monday, May 25, 2009

Follow the Leader

6" x 8" oil on canvas panel
$75.00 + $10. s/h
contact me if interested


Last week my plein-aire group went to Monument Valley Park. When our kids were little we'd go to this pond and catch craw-dads. The water looked so dirty, I don't think any kids play in there now. But, it was so entertaining to watch all the goslings. They all stayed together, right by the geese, moving around almost like one being. They'd swim around the pond, then climb up onto the shore and run around and search in the dirt for bugs. Then, when a dog or jogger came near, they'd run back into the pond, and start all over again. There seemed to be 5 moms and 17 babies; but, it was hard to tell.

9 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I really, really like this painting, Pam. The composition is great, the paint handling is masterful. Love the story of the goslings!

Jill Berry said...

Nice Work!
It's hard to paint moving subjects.

Pam Holnback said...

Thanks Kelley & Jill, I feel like I should go back and check on the growth of these babies.

Laurel Daniel said...

What a great scene; both your painting and the story of the duck parade!

Dayna Talbot said...

Pam...Love the painting...it looks so spontaneous! The color combinations are great~ I'm gladd you checked out my blog.....it lead me to yours! I love those Irises!

Dean H. said...

Very well done, Pam! Geese make great painting subjects...and so fascinating to watch.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Pam, I love this subject. The geese and goslings are beautiful to see. I also really like the way that the water is painted, very Monet like.

Pam Holnback said...

Thanks Laurel, it was so much fun going out that morning.
Dayna, the color combinations were there: water and tree and sky reflections.
Dean & Nancy, These geese were so entertaining. It was easy to watch them play.

Dar Presto said...

I admire how simply yet truthfully you present the reflections dancing on the water. The motion of the geese and water is evident. I am captivated!