Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hartsel Herd


11" x 14" oil on stretched canvas
$195.00 + $10. s/h
contact me if interested

I did the previous buffalo as a study for this larger piece. I loved the way all the calves were following and staying so close to their mothers. Now I'm wondering about even a larger painting with dozens of animals. After all, the animals in the far background are just color notes. Well, all of them are really. We'll see.

Yesterday afternoon I saw a great show on tv, on PBS or NBS, called Passport and Palette. It's produced by Wanda Macpherson, Kevin's wife. It showed Kevin painting in the Loire Valley, he was giving a demo and talk. Apparently, each week different artists are shown painting around the world. It was really interesting.

Speaking of Kevin Macpherson, he is going to be part of the Weekend with the Masters that is here in Colorado Springs next week. I've heard from a couple of people in the blogging community who will be here, just wondering if anyone else is coming. If so, let me know. Should be a great weekend.

10 comments:

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Colors are vivid and wonderful!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Wonderful piece, Pam, and great concept for the bigger one. I'm jealous of the PAPA paint out! You go and have a good time - I hope you meet up with lots of our wonderful blogger friends!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Pam , Wonderful! I love your paintings of animals, this one is no exception, just beautiful! Looking forward to your visit next week!!

Pam Holnback said...

Thanks Debbi, I did use spring colors for this one, our late summer colors are a little dry.

Kelley, I am so excited to have such an incredible event here in the Springs.

Thanks Nancy, There is so much wildlife here that it's fun to focus on it (them.) And, I'll see you soon!

L.Holm said...

Great painting, Pam. Wish I were able to travel right now. Sounds like a fun event coming up.

Celeste Bergin said...

the bison..such a majestic animal. Good work.

Debra Keirce said...

Wonderful western challenge painting! Bison look so strong, yet peaceful.

Pam Holnback said...

Yes Liz, it's so great that so many artists will be together!

Celeste, thanks. They do seem majestic, don't they?

Deb, Buffalo are so western!

Marie Theron said...

Great painting, Pam! I learnt from this! The eye fills in all the detail!

Marie Theron said...

Love your cattle, Pam, super background too!