Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hana Hibiscus - 100 Garden & Floral Oil Paintings 99/100

Hana Hibiscus - 100 Garden & Floral Oil Paintings 99/100
6" x 6"  Oil
SOLD

One morning on Maui I painted in a small orchard where there were also numerous flowers.  We all become familiar with our own environment.  My environment, Colorado, of course doesn't have tropical plants or flowers.  I loved all the hibiscus blooming everywhere...I didn't even know the name of this flower before this trip!

The orchard was on a volcanic hillside, thus the uphill slope!  It wasn't my photography!

I found a somewhat level spot for my easel.

After a morning painting we relaxed on the beach!  The beaches on the east side of 
Maui are black, volcanic sand.

10 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful flower, Pam! Love your photos and interesting post about the Island...

Carol Reynolds said...

Nice colors in the Hibiscus ! I enjoyed your post very much as I live in Hawaii.

Autumn Leaves said...

Such stunning colors in this beauty!

Fay Terry said...

I love this Hibiscus, Pam. Interesting post about Hawaii, too.

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you Hilda. I think that it's always fun and interesting to include travel facts and photos!

Carol, thank you! You live in such a beautiful location! My first trip!

Thanks so much Sherry. There were such a variety of hibiscus. so many different colors. I could have done many more of these!

Fay, Thank you. It's fun to share the paintings and travels!

Jane said...

How awesome to be surrounded with lovelyl and colorful Hibiscus, and you painted a beautiful one.

Steven W. Dunn said...

Oh Pam-How beautiful! The color and the movement are wonderful.
Steven

Shirley Fachilla said...

A really beautiful floral. I love the free and soft brushstrokes and the color range. It looks effortless.
Maui is one terrifically beautiful place; I can tell you really enjoyed it.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

We generally have two hibiscus "trees" each summer in planters. They grow abundantly here and are available in a variety of colors. Your painting is divine!

Bises,
Genie

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you Jane! It is so much fun to travel and see and paint new things!!

Steven, thank you so much!

Thanks so much Shirley. Yes, Maui truly is beautiful!

Genie, thank you. It never occurred to me that hibiscus could grow in planters!! Live and learn.