Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Transatlantic Sunset

Transatlantic Sunset
6" x 8"  Oil
$100.00 + $10. s/h
Please contact me if interested....I temporarily do not have access to a secure computer, so am unable to add a PayPal button or auction.

My husband and I just completed a transatlantic crossing.  It was on his bucket list, I admit, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It was so relaxing, the weather was great, the seas smooth for the most part.  However, we were so tired due to moving the clocks forward one hour everyday at sea!  It seemed I could never get caught up on my sleep.

We had some beautiful skies.  I think that this one looks like Heaven's gate.

11 comments:

Maria's Watercolor said...

Just beautiful, Heavens Gate is the perfect name.

hmuxo said...

Gorgeous painting...that sky is incredible..wonderful job, Pam.

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Oh my, this does look like Heaven's gate!! What a fabulous painting. Sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying your adventure!!

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh what a fun trip you are on! I've always wanted to do the same thing. Alas, never the money nor the time. Ah well.

This painting is beautiful, Pam. I love your thoughts on the sky.

Pam Holnback said...

Maria, thank you so much! Yes, the name does seem to fit!

Thank you Hilda. The sky is certainly ever changing and never ceases to maze me!

Debbi, thanks so much. It is becoming quite the adventure!

Thank you Sherry. We are on an incredible journey. And one never knows what the future holds!

Pam Holnback said...

Maria, thank you so much! Yes, the name does seem to fit!

Thank you Hilda. The sky is certainly ever changing and never ceases to maze me!

Debbi, thanks so much. It is becoming quite the adventure!

Thank you Sherry. We are on an incredible journey. And one never knows what the future holds!

Deborah Elmquist said...

Absolutely breathtaking. What a talent you are. My husband wants to know what ship is still doing transatlantic crossings?

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Pam, Breathtaking sight, and brilliant job of painting it!

Pam Holnback said...

Deborah, thank you! We went through Royal Caribbean Cruise Line from San Juan PR to Barcelona.

Thanks so much Nancy!

Peter Lee said...

It's magnificent!!!
The colors are amazing!

Marietjie said...

Hi Pam,
The clouds are just stunning.