Saturday, November 16, 2013

Turn Of The Century


Turn Of The Century (I think)
plein air from Monhegan Island
oil  8" x 10"
25 off of 25
$149.00 + $10. s/h

I have paintings at two local galleries, Summerland Gardens and G44 Gallery, both which had Holiday Open Houses this weekend. As I was getting paintings ready for these shows I thought that I should also get my blog ready for the holidays.  So, I'm going to offer 25% off of all small paintings, 9" x 12" and smaller, in my next 25 posts.  I'm going to make an effort to post every other day and have that many posts before the holidays!

Back to our trip to Maine...

Monhegan Island is located 10 miles off the coast of Maine.  In the summer there are ferries from three locations.  However, when we went in October, there was only one ferry daily from Port Clyde.  I can only imagine the number of people on the island in the height of the tourist season!  But, I understand why so many people head out there...it's beautiful!


The architecture on Monhegan Island represents what I think of as classic, coastal Maine.  It seems to be something that many people are looking for...a slower, simpler way of life.  



Monhegan Island is a center for fishing, lobstering, a haven for artists, and a summer retreat for people attracted to its' scenery, rugged shore line, hikes, nature, and history.


3 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour ma chère amie,

Quelle belle peinture vous nous présentez aujourd'hui !
J'apprécie également beaucoup l'ensemble de vos photos qui nous permettent de faire connaissance avec cet endroit charmant.
Une très jolie publication.
Je vous souhaite un joyeux dimanche. gros bisous à vous.

Linda Popple said...

Your photos and paintings from Maine are just beautiful! What a fantastic place to paint!

Pam Holnback said...

Merci Martine!

Linda, thank you. It was fantastic..yes it was!