Thursday, March 27, 2014

Tropical Palm

Tropical Palm
plein air oil
8" x 6"
$100.00 + $10. s/h

This is the last of my Holbox Island, Yucatan, Mexico plein air pieces.  What drew me to this shadow was that it was so curved and the tree was so straight.  This palm drove me nuts all week.  My vision of palm trees is beautiful, exotically curved trunks.  I kept thinking that this one was just too vertical.  But, if that's my biggest worry, and I'm painting on a beach...that's the life!

All week while we were in Holbox Island there was an International Mural Painting contest being held.  It was great fun to see the progress and completion of the art work!







4 comments:

Dean H. said...

I like all the colors included in the shadow!
I agree, Pam....may all your problems be blessings in disguise. :)

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Beautiful! I love the Yucatan. Thanks for sharing the mural images. Imagination and talent abound! xoxo

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you Dean. I love shadows. Sometimes they are what's the most interesting "light and shadow " out there!

Debbi, thanks so much! Here we were in this tiny, sand street town and who would know! An international contest!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Pam, love your palm, and travel updates! All fabulous!