Thursday, July 14, 2016

On The Deck

On The Deck
plein air oil  20" x 20"
SOLD
$695.00 + $20. s/h

Our geraniums this summer are spectacular right now...so I set up on the deck to paint them.  I've got this one finished and am ready to start a second.  In a few days I'll have to clip back the blooms and then for about a week or so we'll be in between great blooms.

I thought that this would be a fun, colorful painting if I toned the canvas bright red, like the subject matter.  I like the way the red sparkles through the shadow and back ground.

Here's a snap shot of the corner of our deck.  Normally the top geranium doesn't sit up on the deck ledge, but on the top of the little green garden shelf.  But, for the painting I moved it up and set it on a piece of cardboard so the shadow would show.  These plants were purchased in April at Costco.  I had to bring them in every night in April, because our nights here in Colorado Springs in the spring still get below freezing.  But, it was worth it!  Now I have beautiful color right out the kitchen door!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Oh Pam! This is a fantastic piece! The color is absolutely beautiful...my geraniums are doing very well right now! One of my favorite flowers!!! I look forward to seeing your next floral....

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you so much Hilda! I loved painting this!