Friday, July 22, 2016

Backyard Hollyhocks

Backyard Hollyhocks
plein air oil  16" x 8"
click here for Paypal
$395.00 + $10. s/h

This is another floral done plein air in our backyard.  I love going out (to the mountains or elsewhere in town) to paint, but oh, it's so easy when you can just walk out the back door and paint!  My only problem with it is that I'll look down and see weeds in the garden or things growing in the grass that aren't grass and start weeding.  Soon, I've been weeding away for 10-15 minutes and many weeds are gone, but my painting is waiting!  Oh well, if that's my biggest problem in life I have a good life!


2 comments:

Steven W. Dunn said...

Hi Pam,
This is beautiful-the light, the composition, the palette-so well done!
I'm a gardener too and understand the joy of giving ourselves "permission" to just enjoy the beauty and record through our art the beautiful sights in front of us in our own gardens.
Steven

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you so much Steve. I just find the garden a 3-d real piece of art! It's like stepping into a painting.