Thursday, September 22, 2016

Hartsel Bison

Hartsel Bison
plein air oil  9" x 12"
click here for Paypal
$295.00 + $10. s/h

This painting was done on the morning of Day 2 of the South Park Plein Air Arts Celebration.  This day was sort of a free day i.e.:  the town of Fairplay didn't have an organized location but made suggestions, or we could paint any where within 30 miles of Fairplay.  Hartsel is about 15 miles from Fairplay, and I knew that there's a bison herd there, so I made that my destination.  However, just because there's a herd doesn't mean that they'll be close enough to paint.  They don't care if they're near the road.

Well, they were sort of close.  So I set my plein air gear up right by my car, right by the side of the county road and painted away.  The bison appeared to just be standing around, but as they chew, they step, they chew again and step again.  After about an hour the bison were pretty far away and no longer near by.  



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello :) I love how fresh this feels, there's something about plein-air that's so refreshing. Feels like a beautiful gesture of the scene.

Pam Holnback said...

Thank you Heather. Plein air painting is refreshing, fun, challenging, beautiful, and oh so much more!